Thursday, June 10, 2004

Where will the "Great Tribulation" occur?

I interpret the Bible using a historical-grammatical method. I accept the Scriptures as historical and as written in a real historical context. I also believe that within that historical context, the Scriptures were intended to be read and understood according to the normal rules of grammar employed by their original audiences.

Therefore, when passages like Rev 13.3 say that "all the world ... followed the beast (= Antichrist)," I take it to mean that the whole Mediterranean world, i.e., the whole world as understood by a first-century audience, will fall under Antichrist's spell. It is within the geographical boundaries of this first-century, "Roman" world where the heat of the tribulation will be centered.

I welcome your comments!

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger foxygrams0 said...

I have to agree with you; I think the Great Tribulation will encompass quite a large portion of Europe also, as the Roman Empire's territory included much of that area. The Great Tribulation is going to affect many nations....I wonder if they even realize this yet? So much has been happening over there that points to the coming of the Antichrist...the Eurodollar, for one, is a sign to me that satan's preparing those countries for his control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home